Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start up problems black screen and blue screen have no idea what to do

• Please log in to reply

vip123

vip123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is the rundown of what happened in sequence, maybe someone could help me.

1. When I started up my Toshiba laptop Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen. Then a c++ error popped up preventing me to login ( I have attatched the image of the error). I would have to click ok a few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game. When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it.

2. This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen. So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen.

3. After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair. After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem. So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted.

Now it is just a pattern

4. Now I tried F8 to no avail, I have no vista disk. Maybe someone knows how to fix it. Get back to me as quick as you can.

Attached Thumbnails

• C_runtime_library_error.jpg

Advertisements