Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32/Small.CA Virus [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
You are more than welcome and enjoy the party

gringo

Advertisements

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi Gringo,

I did the cleanup & still have these programs...Security check, HiJack, & adwcleaner. Is that ok? I don't remember ever installing Revo. I'm going to check the links you put.

I can't thank you enough for all your time & help. I was so nervous about doing all this but you were so great!

Let me know about the stuff still on my computer.

Thanks!

Silvia

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello Silvia

Just delete anything that is left over, And you are more than welcome

gringo

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi Gringo,

I would like to donate some money for all your time & effort but don't use paypal & stuff. If you can email me personally, maybe you could give me your address & I can mail it to you.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything. I hope if I have any more problems, I can have you to help me. Also, I still haven't done any windows updates. I think you said to just try downloading one at a time. Is it important to do the updates?

Thank you again!!!!!!!!

Silvia

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
don't worry just saying thanks is good for me and I want you to go to windows update and install them from there

gringo

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
HELP! I got the blue screen again. It said A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

So I turned off my computer & am using my husbands to send this. It thinks I added some hardware which I haven't <sigh>

Silvia

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

will the computer boot up and does it still give this error

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi Gringo,

When I restarted it, it was fine. I turned off the computer last night & when I turned it on, didn't happen. But, I've had this happen several times before.

Other than that, it seems to be better especially when I'm on internet explorer.

Thank you again!

Silvia

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
It does not sound like malware but lets keep an eye on it for a day or so

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
OK! I'll check in after the week-end, unless it happens. Thank you so much again. You're so great.

Silvia

Advertisements

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
thank you and you are more than welcome

gringo

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Well it happened again. Went upstairs & there is the blue screen so I turned off the computer & this morning I just turned it & it started fine but there was a window message which I'm attaching. Trying to research it, I came across a tech page (microsoft) who had me zip this result file & send to them. They mentioned upgrading drives, removing norton 360 (I have 3 years paid with them) & try windows essential or something like that. It was all very overwhelming.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800769E060
BCP3: FFFFF80004AA73D8
BCP4: FFFFFA800991EC10
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122112-26988-01.dmp
C:\Users\Silvia\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-69810-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks,

Silvia

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

you can try removing Norton and leave it off for a couple of days and see if that is the problem

these can be very hard to track down to find out what is causing it - if it was me I would just backup any pics and documents that you would want to keep and reinstall windows - it may seem to be a pain in the (beep) but in the long run probably the best thing to do

gringo

silviab

silviab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
rats! I guess I better uninstall Norton. Reason I've been such a wimp about this is for our small company, I needed this credit card software called IC Verify. I had the Sony store put a virtual place on my computer that ran Windows XP. I called ICVerify to help me reinstall it on the XP part. They said it didn't work on Windows 7 (which was why I did the XP thing) so after I promised them my first born, they helped me. The reason they were so hesitate to help me if there was a problem is because I think they are going out of business. So I am trying not to screw that up so reinstalling windows is out of the question but I think I will have to uninstall Norton but then I'll have no protection on my computer <sigh>

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
if you uninstall norton then try this one - Microsoft Security Essentials - provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.