You can make it to the site, no earmark required.
Do I just make one to the company and earmark it for you?
Now back to the scans please do the following:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. Please do not accept the trial right now. We just want to run it on demand.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Run ESET Online Scan
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.
Vista / 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
Please go here then click on:
If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the following instructions work with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
security check log
Please give me an update on how your computer is doing!
If you cannot complete the MalwareBytes' scan then please do the following steps also if you are still having BSOD's after running all of this please do the following:
I would download this and have it ready and next time it crashes I would run it take OUT all but one stick of ram and run MEMTEST on one full cycle of 8 TESTS.
I would then replace that ONE stick with the other(s), so you still only have one stick in and run it again. ORhttp://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/246994-guide-to-using-memtest86/ you could run it now, but I do not really think it is a ram issue, it is just to eliminate it.
The guide is comprehensive with images.
Also here is a link to the test you can make on a USB flash drive if you cannot make the CD:
Let me know the results, if you find any errors the stick(s) of memory is(are) bad. Leave the bad ones out and boot up in normal mode to see if your errors are corrected.
I will respond around 3:00 pm CST next since I am off computer until then.