Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatic Download Now Problems!

• Please log in to reply

jannie123

jannie123

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Since yesterday can't log into yahoo mail account, nor hotmail email account. after name and password, hit sign in and comes up with error on page. I can sign in on another computer. I have Norton 360 and it says it's not their problem.
yesterday -- Microsoft automatically download ppcrlconfig.dll and in fact when I checked somewhere on my computer (can't find now)I think it showed several of same thing. Every time I open internet explorer Norton puts up ppcrlconfig is safe or something like that.

I Have XP and everything has been fine until the download I didn't ask for.

How do I fix so I can sign into mail? Why did microsoft automatically download this? Thank you.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Do a System Restore to a date prior to yesterday. That should fix it.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

jannie123

jannie123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried doing a system restore to a former date, but it comes up with it's not able to complete and to chose a different date. I chose another date and it's still that it can't do the system restore to that date. I believe this was a problem before my current problem.

1. Could microsoft have automatically downloaded something ppcrlconfig.dll that makes things wrong. Until Monday afternoon after the Pinnacle Software was uninstalled everything was fine. Then for some reason (when view details for the ppcrlconfig.dll). this dll was downloaded about the same time or right after the software was uninstalled.
a. can I remove the ppcrlconfig.dll -- I don't understand what it's used for "Norton just says (when I go to Internet Explorer) that it is safe. Can I safely remove this item.

2. I really don't want to take xp and everything back to the beginning.

3. thank you

jannie123

jannie123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Resolved: I did a fix it with Microsoft - first didn't work -- just made the internet explorer load faster, second type of fix it worked. Hopefully for good. Thanks for the ideas.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What Fixit did you user? Can you provide a link to a web site?

jannie123

jannie123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It was through microsoft support
Method 1: to fix IE issues to make IE fast, safe & Stable. (Just made it some faster for me)

http://support.micro...nce_and_safety/

Method 2: Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes. (This really didn't do much if anything)

http://support.micro...ezes_or_crashes

Method 3: Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer. (This solved the problem - The disclamer is correct I lost some settings - not anything major in my case. I'm happy I can log into e-mail through IE.

http://support.micro...kb/967897/en-us

"Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature."