Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Button won't work under normal mode

• Please log in to reply

Hiker886

Hiker886

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My wireless button seemed to be working intermittently and then I could not get it to turn on (blue light on HP laptop). After searching the net for solutions I tried safe mode and yes it worked under safe mode. I have very little software on this computer as I just reformatted and then re-installed windows XP. I have Windows Firewall enabled and use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials). I disabled both of these in normal mode but that did not fix the problem. I did uninstall the wireless driver and then reinstall but that also didn't fix the problem. Twice I shut down the laptop and removed the power connections (outlet and battery), held down the power button for one minute, reinstalled power, and when I tried the wireless button it worked!!!! But that doesn't work anymore. I did run a complete malewarebytes in safe mode with no exceptions found. Any suggestions?

Update: When I run Winsox XP fix and reboot I can then turn on the wireless button but if I then reboot again the wireless button will not work. When I run Winsox XP fix once again and reboot them I can turn on the wireless button. I hope this sheds some light on what the underlying problem is.

Edited by Hiker886, 28 November 2012 - 09:55 AM.

Advertisements