Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - Windows 7 (dmp files attached)

• Please log in to reply

Benji83

Benji83

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello all,

I am new here, so first off, thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am an IT administrator for a school district in MT. I have a CS degree so I will probably be able to understand most of your terms if/when you reply back to me. We have a lab of 24 ByteSpeed laptops that all got bluescreens within a week of each other. I am attaching the dump files. Hopefully somebody can help. Please let me know if you need more information than I provided. Also, I just learned about the BlueScreenView application, but it didn't tell me much. What program do you guys use to read the dmp files? I am always looking to further my knowledge. Thanks!!!

Ben

Note: I already tried re-installing the wireless network card driver and removing our Kaspersky Anti-virus.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Several of your dumps point to Kaspersky Anti Virus as the problem. Try uninstalling it and installing Microsoft Security Essentials instead, see if that resolves the problem.

Benji83

Benji83

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ztruker, thanks for your reply. However, I have already tried to completely remove the Anti-Virus from the computer to see if that fixes the issue. It did not. I did not ever install security essentials, but I figure adding more programs isn't going to solve the issue, hence why I didn't install that. Any other ideas? Like I said in my first post, I had already tried removing Kaspersky and re-installing the wireless driver. Thanks!!!

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Did you use the removal tool here to make sure all remnants of Kaspersky were removed?

Benji83

Benji83

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes I did see that tool. I used this to ensure that everything from Kaspersky was gone. Unfortunately, it still blue screens.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
11/28 - Fs_Rec.sys
11/28 - kl1.sys
11/16 - jkl1.sys (two dumps)

So it sure looks like Kaspersky is not fully uninstalled.

Can you scan you system and look for these files? Rename them and see what happens.

Benji83

Benji83

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Scan does not show up any of those files. However, after you said Kaspersky may not be fully uninstalled, I did find another folder that I deleted. (That was before I searched for those files) I threw it in the trash and emptied it, so there may be a chance that one of those was in there, but regardless, even with those gone it still blue screens. I'm out of ideas...

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm stumped too unfortunately. As for reading dumps, see here: Download and Install Debugging Tools for Windows

Can you zip up a few of the dumps that occurred after you deleted the folder please.