and welcome to my office here at G2G
My nick is maliprog
and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:NOTES:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
We will need another,clean, PC to download this tool and USB memory to transfer and run this tool on infected system. If you are running Windows 7 x64 bit systems
download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64
and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
Enter System Recovery Options
.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
- Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
- Select your user account an click Next.
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]We need to find your USB drive letter.
[*]In the command window type in notepad
and press Enter
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]After you find drive letter in the command window type e:\frst.exe
(for x64 bit version type e:\frst64
) and press EnterNote:
Replace letter e
with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]Step 2It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post using "Add Reply" button