Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cracking speakers

• Please log in to reply

Helger

Helger

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
This happened yesterday, when im on Youtube or any other site, where i watch videos, i can hear cracking speakers.
But this does NOT happen, when i watch a movie or listen to music from my computer files.
Loading areas= cracking speakers
Files, that are on my computer=no problem
Can this be related to my internet? Or is there some kind of glitch in my browser, that does it?(have Google Chrome)

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and go to the bottom of the page to disable (if enable) YouTube using HTML5, Congrats you are now once again using flash player to stream youtube videos and should no longer get crackling on random videos.

Hope that helps

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
not enabled . Also, i frogot to say, that video itself is a bit glitchy too and this happens in other places to, like when i watch some series online in different site. Feels like something needs update or reinstall. But i already have all updated. Maybe this only happens with Chrome ...

Edited by Helger, 30 November 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Have you tried disabling the hardware acceleration in Flash player

To do so right click on a video choose settings and unclick the hardware acceleration

Hope that helps

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Didn't change anything, still glitchy.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello Helger

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

If a custom build please provide a list of all of the hardware, brand and model name or number of the MB, Ram (including how much) add on video card (if used) PSU and speakers (again if used).

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Desktop, not custom build. This problem happened in few days ago. Never had it before in my 7 years, of use this pc.

Attached Files

• Attached File  b.bmp   589.93KB   176 downloads

Edited by Helger, 01 December 2012 - 06:57 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello Helger

Have the speakers been tested on another computer or other form of device.

Unfortunately the screenshot only tells us your OS, CPU and Ram details, what we need is information on your MB, video card or chip if using the type integrated into the MB.

Dust build up causes various problems and static is one of them, the PC is 7yrs old and may simply be showing it`s age but can I ask when was the last time that the inside of the case was cleaned out of heat trapping dust.

NB: Also please note that watching online videos is far more demanding than watching and/or listening to media stored on the HDD and so you may have problems with only 512mb of Ram if your graphics solution relies on system memory for support as an integrated video chip does, the affects are not always instantaneous and can take time to become apparent.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
No, they have not been tested on another computer. I cleaned the pc today.
Info about my video card:

Posted Image

I don't get it, this problem only happens, with steaming videos, they become choppy and so does the sound. But if i watch like a movie or listen to music on my pc, no problems. Only with steaming videos...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
When you cleaned out the computer did you remove the add on video card and the Ram, blow out the slots and then replace both securely, if not I suggest that you do to make sure that the contacts are clean.

Regarding the poor performance when streaming videos, as per my reply #8

NB: Also please note that watching online videos is far more demanding than watching and/or listening to media stored on the HDD and so you may have problems with only 512mb of Ram if your graphics solution relies on system memory for support as an integrated video chip does, the affects are not always instantaneous and can take time to become apparent.

The crux of it is that your hardware is struggling with the high demands that streaming videos place on it, let`s see if we can improve the systems overall performance;

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop instructions :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
before im gonna do the test, i found that, when i use internet explorer, the steaming videos work fine(Before watching them, i had to install latest flash player), so this happens in chrome only .
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25155048

Edited by Helger, 03 December 2012 - 08:52 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Try uninstalling everything associated with google/chrome and try a fresh install and see if that helps.

Your system looks like it`s performance could be improved, would you like some help with this, it will involve getting rid of rubbish such as RegCure Pro, see as to why @ http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

As an asides I note from the Pitstop results that you have cracked software (minecraft) and torrents present but no Anti Virus software, are you aware of not only the threat of malware attack by cyber criminals who lurk around such sites but also the risk of prosecution for software piracy in the case of minecraft.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Try uninstalling everything associated with google/chrome and try a fresh install and see if that helps.

Your system looks like it`s performance could be improved, would you like some help with this, it will involve getting rid of rubbish such as RegCure Pro, see as to why @ http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

As an asides I note from the Pitstop results that you have cracked software (minecraft) and torrents present but no Anti Virus software, are you aware of not only the threat of malware attack by cyber criminals who lurk around such sites but also the risk of prosecution for software piracy in the case of minecraft.

Ok i try that

I just installed that like a week ago, just when this problem started, hoped it would help

Well, i did have Avira, but one day(long time ago) i noticed, that it had been deleted somehow, i don't know why. Anyway, i don't worry about that much, i also have have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Do you have the free or the Pro version of MBAM.

Would you like assistance with improving your systems performance.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Do you have the free or the Pro version of MBAM.

Would you like assistance with improving your systems performance.

Pro version
And i think not, maybe
I reinstalled chrome and it didn't work, so i installed firefox again and problem is gone .