Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After downloading new software my audio output through headphones is m

• Please log in to reply

rawrstar421

rawrstar421

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So before I downloaded some new software, my headphone jack was working fine. Right after I downloaded it and tried listening to music/ anything video wise, the tones are all out of sync and you can barely understand whats being played. Weird thing is, once I start up a video game, all of the sounds are perfectly fine. Also when I unplug the headphones and use my speakers the music is perfectly fine. I downloaded the latest versions of AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Malwarebytes and I cannot find any harmful viruses/malware. I also uninstalled all the software that I had downloaded once the problems started happening and it still didn't fix the audio problem. If anyone could help me trouble shoot this problem I would be VERY appreciative. Thanks!

-Matt

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hi rawrstar421 what type of software did you download?

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
An old post I know but are you running AVG and MSE together at the same time? If you are then you need to uninstall AVG and just stick with MSE or you will find conflicts occurring.

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Also we would need to know what software you downloaded originally before you ran the virus/malware scans.