Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boosting Signal Options

• Please log in to reply

SparklesSuzi

SparklesSuzi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a problem with the wifi signal at my place, I was hoping someone would be able to assist me with this.

I live in a two story house and it is double brick - making signal poor upstairs.
We are running a wireless Netgear modem downstairs.

The signal is very poor upstairs with two rooms unable to access it at all.

I also have a Netgear router which is boosting signal but according to Netgear must be connected by ethernet to the modem (in my opinion making it a massive waste of a product).

Is there any product or option that you would recommend for me to simply wireless-ly connect to the modem downstairs, but is permanantly located upstairs purely to boost signal?

Thank you in advance and all your suggestions are much appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I would suggest looking into PowerLine adapters.

Works just like running a Ethernet Cable only uses your house wiring. I've done this several times, most recently for my Grandson so he could connect his Xbox Live to the internet for online gaming.

You can even run an Ethernet cable from the upstairs adapter into a Wireless Router if necessary.