Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Failed to Start (Stuck at Windows Boot Manager)

• Please log in to reply

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I get the following errors :

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem :
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and the click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I launched start up repair earlier and all the attempts keep on failing (abouut 7-12 times) and lead to this problem. I didn't have any windows installation CD. Please help.

*Only F2 and F12 works at the moment.

Edited by NavigatorX, 01 December 2012 - 05:50 AM.

Advertisements

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
İs the O.S W.7? and the brand of the laptop.? You can use a W.system repair disc instead of the W.CD to perform repairs.Can you boot into Safe Mode?

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. Brand is Acer Aspire. Model MS2347. No,I can't enter safe mode.The same problem happened to my PC now.

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Please follow instructions given here http://answers.micro...dc-41037104bcfe Since you don't have a W.CD you'll need to burn a system repair disc from a pc that is the same version and bit as the computer with the problem.Make sure in the BİOS the CD/DVD drive is first on the list.

İf you're NOT comfortable with the command prompt,simply boot from the disc and,follow the prompts and run 'Start up repair from System Recovery Options.Run it 3 times in a row,rebooting after each run.

Edited by mysoul, 02 December 2012 - 04:14 AM.

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm burning the CD at the moment. Will I lost all my important files in the process?

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
You shouldn't lose anything,however İt is always best to back up your data before any repairs.

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry for the late reply. It works out well even though not everything was back up but still at least I'm able to save some documents.

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
That's good to hear.For future reference do make sure to back up your personal data (Documents favs photos videos etc)on a regular basis and store them on one or two external hard drive(s) and dvd's.So backup on more than just one place.Preferably 3 different places.That way you'll be covered.

Also check out this tool.Very effective in recovering lost data. http://www.piriform....cuva/download

i choose the FREE Version

Edited by mysoul, 08 December 2012 - 12:53 PM.