Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

keyboard not working properly?

• Please log in to reply

AHilton

AHilton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My backspace key opens the "computer" screen (ie. available memory etc.) and some of the other keys seem to be connected to other functions. ready to scream! help?

Advertisements

supernerdyolo

supernerdyolo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Depends, if your using a desktop the simple fix would be to test it with another working keyboard or buy a new one. There may be fault with the contact patchs inside the actual keyboard itself. If you are using a laptop one solution could be to reintall the OS, it may be annoying and time consuming but might just be you've got a keyboard related virus that is disrupting the software used to interpret the keyboard key functions. You can also test if all key functions are working depending on your OS your running. When mine went wrong I used http://www.passmark....cts/keytest.htm software which worked great.

AHilton

AHilton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks - husband bought a new keyboard and that "fixed" the problem. Stupid question I guess but thanks for your reply.