When opening the Digital Imaging Monitor, the window shows 'scanner error' and further states,
- The HP imaging device was not found.
- Try the following steps and retry scanning after each.
- Check power cords/cables and connections, insure device is powered on.
- Reboot computer
- Uninstall and reinstall device.
- Reinstall HP Photosmart software that came with device.
Additionally, I have accessed every diagnostic tool/troubleshooter, performed every task required,(with successful results), indicated after each fix, but alas, the problem still exists.
Even ran a Wireless Network Test Report that says 'No Problems Found'. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer.
Other messages on the HP Solution Center state:
- Printer cannot be contacted
- Printer is disconnected.
Oh, one other thing. Under 'extended error info', this came up:
8,[1,0, - 2147221502)]
Whatever that means.
I'm at my wits end.
Any feedback pointing me to remedies I have not yet tried would be greatly appreciated.
If something is suggested that I've already unsuccesfully tried, I'll simply reply:
Thanks in advance for your help.