Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PORT FORWARD NETGEAR WNR1000v3 MINECRAFT HELP!

• Please log in to reply

galax

galax

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been trying, for a long, long time to setup a Minecraft server using port forwarding, but everything i do DOESNT FKING WORK. I have made a port forward service (which would be the same ip as my ipv4, and the 25565 start and end port), made a static ip (The static ip is the thing you look up to find out your ip, like on Google, then the 255 subnet, then the 10.0.0.1 default gateway, then the dns 10.0.0.1)and still, futility. all the things in parenthesis is what i think is supposed to be used, correct me if im wrong, please. CAN ANYONE HELP???
My Router:
Netgear wireless router n150 wnr1000v3

If anyone knows anything about this, please feel free to write an extensive step-by-step guidline for me. Ive tried everything i know.
Dumb it down a little, i dont know lot of tech jargon...HELP :help:

UPDATE:
So, i did everything, followed evry step til the end. Still wont work. Anyone?

Edited by galax, 02 December 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Advertisements

marin1805

marin1805

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, did you tried to enable DMZ mode on it for a test? It will forward all your ports and it's not recommended but it's good to see if the router it actually the issue here.

Try this:

Go to start run cmd and type IPCONFIG and get your local IP, it's like 192.168.X.X and put that in your minecraft config and see if it works.

Minecraft Servers

Edited by marin1805, 19 December 2012 - 08:04 PM.

galax

galax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its not 192.168.x.x its 10.0.0.x. im using two routers, so it isnt using the 192 one, my computer is hoooked up to 10.0.0.6. I tried it and it worked. so does 192.168.1.1, i tried that a while ago and the people over my LAN could connect. the server runs for me just fine when i used 10.0.0.6, but it wont work for anyone else. sorry for the late reply.
I just recently found out my problem isnt just the router, but im hooked up to a zyxdel modem that everyone has said to put in "bridge" mode to port forward through them both. the problem is every time i ridge the modem the internet goes out completely, and i have to reset my modem to turn it back on, thus setting it back into routing(? or the normal mode) mode.

SPECS/DIAGRAM:
ISP(my internet provider)
Which is connected to:
Zyxdel P-660R-D1
which is hooked up to:
Netgear router
which is then hooked up to:
The computers (4 of them, my computer being wireless)

oh and my modem doesnt say anything about DMZ. give me a step by step if you know and ill use it.

Edited by galax, 01 January 2013 - 04:41 PM.