Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explore keeps crasing

• Please log in to reply

PurpleHayz

PurpleHayz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am completely feed up!! My internet explorer won't work. It keeps saying "cannot find the server or dns error" When I try to change the settings it works for a second then crashes. For expample I can't choose to auto detect settings. Everytime I do it works for a few seconds then closes. I've tried looking at the registry and nothing helps. please help.

Advertisements

PurpleHayz

PurpleHayz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Wow is there anyone who can help me??

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
well... heres a somewhat stupid question to start out with... where are you typing from?

secondly have you tried adjusting your network settings and ie settings in connections/?

Thirdly, what sortof internet connection do you have? dsl wireless network lan etc???

Fourthly, do you have any reason to believe it a virus or just a dumb error? If you believe it a virus follow this link and follow the instructions with extreme patience... try this stuff first though, its easier on yourself if it pans out along with the actual staff..
LINK---> http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

PurpleHayz

PurpleHayz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The thing is I can go online using netscape and I can play online games I just can't use internet exporer. Also, when I rip my cd's to my computer using windows media player it can't go online to get album info. If there is a way that I can have netscape be my default browers then that's cool. I've already tried setting netscape as my default browser but it won't work.

michaelrush

michaelrush

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i think im having somewhat the same problem you are... i know that doesnt help but least your not alone out there -.-;

PurpleHayz

PurpleHayz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hopefully someone will help us!!