Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CDROM issues

• Please log in to reply

suebee

suebee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, I've seen a couple threads on this problems but none of them have helped me out. I have always had trouble burning CD's - sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. Now it won't burn at all and I can't even play a CD anymore. A few months ago when we would play a CD, it skipped alot and sounded like we were driving down a bumpy old dirt road with one of those old Discmans from the 90's!! So whats the deal? I have no idea where to start - I've uninstalled, removed the programs.....and really have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
try cleaning the lens using a vcd player cleaner cd. how old is the cd drive?

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Thats probly the answere to the problem, but it might not be, and if for some dumb reason its not, try openin up the case, poppin out the cables and plain clean out the hair and dust from the case while your at it... i mean i once oppened my mouse... just a week ago with a screwdriver, and five pounds of hair and gunk later(its a rollerball mouse in a cathouse :tazz: ) i closed it back up an it worked like it was practicly new, anyways, it wont hurt to clean out your harddrive if anything somehow got in thier, then hook back up the dvd drive. Even if the cleaning solution listed by the other guy works it still wont hurt to clean dust an hair if any out of the case. Mine has filters an it still gets nasty over a few months.

suebee

suebee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
All Righty! I will give that a try tonight - Thanks for the replies!