Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Stealth.hjack virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

twein28

twein28

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please someone help me. I have spent about 5 hours of my day trying to rid this virus. I have run Spy Sweeper and other anti virus protection and no matter what I remove, it won't go away. I am going crazy now. There is a big X on my bottom toolbar indicating that I have a virus called Stealth.Hjack. [bleep] sites keep popping up and taking over my home pages and my desktop is being taken over by various [bleep] and game sites. I am out of ideas on what to do and I am asking you to please guide me through ridding this virus once and for all.

Thanks!

Tracy

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome twein28 to Geeks to Go!

Please walk to the steps mentioned here.

Than post back in this topic with a log made in HijackThis.

Also do this please:
Open HijackThis
Go to ‘config’
Go to ‘misc tools’
Press the button ‘open uninstall manager’
Press the button 'save list'. It will open a Notepad file. Place the content of that file here in your answer please.

Edited by g2i2r4, 08 June 2005 - 09:02 AM.

twein28

twein28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I actually followed someone's advice on MOnday and downloaded killbox and did the steps mentioned there. It looks like the virus is now gone. Thanks for responding.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Thank you for the feedback. Good luck with the computer.