Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folder names changed on desktop 6 times -

• Please log in to reply

deGenova

deGenova

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone help me to understand this? I get this name change on some of my desktop folders -

A phone # and an AOL email address is the name of the folder change - spelled exactly its written here ---> ("610-269-8037 or [email protected] (6)") - This is the 6th out of six times it happened in the past couple of months, but I only noticed it today.

I called the 610 phone number (with my caller ID blocked) and a woman answered - I explained it and she got her husband and he had no idea about it. They were legit. They lived in a town about 20 miles from me.

I did not write to the aol address...............I did SuperAntiSpyware and there wasn't much there. 19 adware harmless - deleted.

I am doing a scans now - Malwarebytes is in progress (23 so far after a 1/2 hour -

Any help out there ? Like what does it mean when a normal desktop folder name is changed like that out of the blue?
thank you...........

Edited by deGenova, 06 December 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Advertisements