Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Restarts When I Shut Down + Other Problems (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
It hasn't been overclocked

Edited by Vinceroman, 11 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Ok thanks :thumbsup:

In case of a bad MB setting try pulling the CR2032 battery to restore the factory defaults, see attachment below if required;

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Have tried this, the battery is actually underneath my graphics card which took a long process. Still ended with the same result. My computer is just running next to me, the red light is flashing, don't know what to do now..

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
After a couple of tries. I changed the RAM and placed in slot 3 and booted up fine. I think the problems are still there though..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
As the computer is now working run the quick memory test http://windows.micro...n-your-computer and then test the VRam http://www.technibbl...ry-stress-test/

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
It said 'No memory errors detected,' ill do the test for vram over night as it says 3 hours

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Heres the other thing you wanted me to do

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled1.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Just to clarify, the computer will boot with either stick in slot 3 but not at all with either stick in slot 1, is this correct.

If this is the case then it suggests either a bad DIMM slot or MB memory controller issue.

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
yes, but its really random.. it works then sometimes it doesnt.. the restart when shut down problem is also still there

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Couple of things for you to do for us if you will;

1: Run HWMonitor and provide a screenshot so that we have a comparison to Speedfan http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html this will hopefully show us what voltage is going to the memory slots.

2: Check the power readings in the BIOS, it may be under something like PC Health Check or similar.

3: Disable unnecessary programs that run on start up "how to"

Go to START -> RUN

Type MSCONFIG in the RUN box and then click OK

Click on the start-up TAB

Look at each line that has a check in the box, these are start-up items, with the exception of Windows programs and your Anti Virus software uncheck the ones that you do not want to run at start-up.

As an asides I also recommend that you uninstall Pando Media Booster as this type of software has the potential to render your computer inoperable by making changes to the registry, quite the opposite of what they claim to do, some information on the subject from a respected author; http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Right, thanks.. I will uninstall Pando Media Booster now and will try to do the others later. Going to be spending time with my family as its my mums birthday :)

just wanna say thanks for the help so far too

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
No worries family comes first and you are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Heres wat you wanted

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
The +3.3V rail reading is too low so can you check your BIOS readings for as requested earlier, be aware though that the computer is under the least amount of load while you are in the BIOS so it is possible for the voltages to read ok there only for them to drop or rise when the computer is in normal use, a bad reading in the BIOS however almost certainly proves a PSU is bad as it will become more unstable under load.

NB: Just a FYI, the +3.3V rail supports the dimm slots on some MBs, see below;