Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Error # - 88780078

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, I uninstalled something and now I have no sound. I tried playing music with winamp and wmp, neither worked.

Winamp says:

Bad DirectSound Driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078

Windows Media Player says:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

Thank You in advance.

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I dont know... are you shawn??? Hmmm... difficult... oh well! why not?

O.K., go to "Sounds and Audio Devices" go to the Hardware tab, then ... you know what, just scratch all that, um... go find either your driver cd for it and reinstall it :help: or if thats a no, find out your sounddrivers manufacturer and hopefully you can google it and find either the manufacturer or a direct download of it, either way with a little effort you should be able to find the install pack for it... or if your lazy you could just send us your sound hardware info... eh :tazz: