Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mumble crashes on startup with USB headset

• Please log in to reply

xWooka

xWooka

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
alright. Im an idiot when it comes to computer lingo, so if you reply to this please tone it down and be specific with instructions or questions to help me try to respond correctly.

My issue it, I use Mumble as my online chat application. I have been using a wired headset since I started using mumble and had never had any problems. Today I switched to the Afterglow wireless headset and when I tried to open mumble it immediately crashed and gave me an error report. Each time I tried to open it the same report would appear. I unplugged the headset from the usb drive and reopened mumble and it worked perfectly so I know it has something to do with the usb usage, maybe a power usage issue? I found other people were having the same problem and were not able to find a solution. I am running windows xp in case that was a need to know detail. any help would be appreciated thanks.

Advertisements

Glympy

Glympy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the exact same issue with the afterglow headset. This is not a mumble only conflict as Sins of a Solar Empire / steam engine is doing the exact same thing. If I unplug the headset from my computer mumble and Sins will work perfectly. Any ideas on what were suppose to do? PDP the makers of Afterglow tech support # is 1-800-331-3844 but they are closed for the holidays.