Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Speed Problem

• Please log in to reply

NavigatorX

NavigatorX

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello again. I'm using WiFi connection (this is a laptop) to download game via utorrent version 3.2.3. Let me start off by explaining it from scratch. Previously (On 10/11/12), I downloaded the same game via utorrent version 3.2.2. The average download speed was 31.5 kB/s. Everything was going pretty smooth even though the download took me about 24 - 25 hours to complete. However, I've reformat my laptop and I had to re-download again the same game. However, it seems that my Internet speeds are having problems. It became much more slower than before (I tried to connect it to my router but still same results). The average download speed dropped to 6.5 kB/s. Not only with utorrent, but same goes with regular downloads. The game size is 2.88 GB. I'm doing a single download at a time (same as previous).

Anyway, I'm from Malaysia and is using TM Streamyx (ISP) and my modem model is Innacomm W3400V6 Wireless Modem. Is there any way to increase back my internet speed ? Please help.

Edited by NavigatorX, 10 December 2012 - 06:01 AM.

Advertisements