Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forcing system to auto request for credentials each time when mapping

• Please log in to reply

blaCky7

blaCky7

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi everyone,

Just a quick background of what I have done. There was a "genius" user clicking on 'remember my password' when he mapped his network drive on a public lab pc. So I removed his credentials from the computer successfully but I ran into another problem in which it doesn't ask for my credentials after I disconnect the drive. I would like to find a solution which is aforementioned in the title. I believe the system somehow caches the current user details and remember for that session until the computer is logged out or restarted. I do some googling but to no avail, I find no solution. Hence, I hope someone in this geeks community could release this curse. Thanking in advance.

-blacky

Edited by blaCky7, 12 December 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Advertisements

romaldus

romaldus

• Pip
  • 3 posts
in the run dialog, just type: control keymgr.dll
and click on OK or enter to open the windows credential manager which allows you to manage and delete passwords saved in Windows.

blaCky7

blaCky7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
So I removed his credentials from the computer successfully

I have already done it, that is why I'm writing this post.