Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer display to Ethernet port on TV

• Please log in to reply

Katefbessie

Katefbessie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI

I need to display my computer content on a LCD TV with a Ethernet port over an ethernet cat5 cable as an secondary screen. This is for business purposes so my main aim is to get the display of a remote desktop session on to the tv over our network.
Is there any software that will allow me to insert the IP of the tv to connect to and display from any pc on the network.

Thank you

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there are a lot of devices that will allow you to connect a video out port to an "ethernet" network, and then back to a video out port on a second device on the other end of the line.

there isn't anything immediately available (as in, the only ones i've seen are relatively custom systems and not cheap) that will send video directly to an RJ45 connection (even then, it's still a custom/high end video card, not just through a regular network card)

you basically want to search for "video over IP" or "<specific video adapter type...such as VGA or DVI or HDMI> over IP" to find the products in question.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
actually, scratch some of the info above....there are versions of what i'm talking about that use software to send the video over the network directly, though, the display end still needs the proper adapter, and the source machines need specific software

http://www.startech....-over-ip~ip2dvi

Katefbessie

Katefbessie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
HI DSenette

Thank you for the reply, I think this solution is the one that will work,

ps like the pic

Enjoy