Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Same idea tho.

Advertisements

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
ok the lap top is working better tho , no blue screen at start up however those ads are still on every site i visit

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
thanks for all your help .I hope I wasnt too annoying

Amanda

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
"%userprofile%\Desktop\combofix.exe" /Uninstall

this does not work

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
if theres anything you can tell me to do to get rid of the moving ads I will apreciate it

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Use IE and go to http://eset.com/onlinescan and click on ESET online Scanner. Accept the terms then press Start (If you get a warning from your browser tell it you want to run it).

# Check Scan Archives
# Push the Start button.
# ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
# When the scan completes, push LIST OF THREATS FOUND
# Push EXPORT TO TEXT FILE , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
# Push the BACK button.
# Push Finish
# Once the scan is completed, you may close the window.
# Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
# Copy and paste that log as a reply.

Let's also try the bitdefender quickscan.

http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/

When it finishes there is a View Report option at the bottom. Click on it and copy and paste the report (even if it says nothing found).

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
the bitedefender says there was nothing found, There is no view report at the bottom for me to click on

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
I got rid of the ads...it was from sidekick plug in and I just uninstalled it I have no idea how it got there

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (1).exe a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.D application
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (2).exe a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.D application
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (3).exe a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.D application
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (4).exe a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.D application
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (5).exe a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.D application
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup.exe a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.D application
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\setup.zip multiple threats

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Were you able to run ESET? That's a good sign as it takes a long time to complete. Maybe the defrag of the pagefile did some good. I still think your hard drive is failing so make sure you save any pictures or documents or other data that you don't want to lose to some external media (CD/DVD, USB Drive, External disk or the web). If you have a gmail.com account you can use their Drive option to store up to 2 GB of data on their servers or just attach the files and send them to yourself. For pictures you can use one or more of these: http://web.appstorm....-sharing-sites/

Advertisements

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
yes the post I sent is the eset scan that shows 7 threats but I never deleted the threats

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
does that mean I have to run it again to delete them?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
You should be able to delete them on your own. Do a search for setup and then delete the ones it finds that were on eset's list.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
search where?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
If you type setup in the Search box it should find them for you. Or we can let OTL do it:

Copy the text in the code box by highlighting and Ctrl + c

:files
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (1).exe
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (2).exe
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (3).exe
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (4).exe
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup (5).exe
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\Setup.exe
C:\Users\amanda\Downloads\setup.zip

then Rightclick on OTL and select Run As Administrator to start. Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste (ctrl +v) the text. Verify that you got it all and Then click the RUN FIX button (NOT THE QUICK SCAN button!) at the top
Let the program run unhindered, OTL probably won't need to reboot the PC when it is done. Save the log and copy and paste it into a reply.
It appears that Old Timer is now hiding the log in c:\_OTL\MovedFiles\01112013-some number.log so if you don't see it you can find it there.