Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The site's security certificate is not trusted!

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I substitute teach and I was trying to use Chrome and search for images and info @ google and I got the following message.

The site's security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach mail.google.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

I don't have any idea why I get this message for anything related to google, when I can get to yahoo ... can someone please tell me what the heck is going on and how to fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance
dog

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi moondog830,

First thing to check / review is your Time & Date on your computer. Is it correct?

Joe

Edited by zep516, 17 December 2012 - 08:59 AM.