Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how can i completely restore my computer without disk

• Please log in to reply

cdubose2011

cdubose2011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7. i really need to restore the computer, but i threw out the cd it came with when i moved. i know that i can do it without the cd because i have accidentally before, but i cant remember how. i tried pressing f10 and f11 when i restart it, but nothing happens. i have also tried to do the restore back to a certain date but it doesnt go back as far as i need it. what am i doing wrong and how can i get this done?

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
This is one method with Toshiba and Vista, not sure of Windows7 but it is worth a try -

Method: Using the Recovery partition

Toshiba laptops from mid-2007 onwards don't have a recovery disc supplied with the laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files as a recovery CD/DVD.

To restore your laptop to its factory settings, follow these steps:

Warning: All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process.

• 1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine
    • Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
  • 2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
  • 3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
  • 4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
  • 5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
  • 6) Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
  • 7) Click Next to Start the recovery
Hope this helps

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If the computer boots, you can probably restore it to factory state via the Start menu as well. Look for links under Toshiba or Maintenance.