how can i completely restore my computer without disk
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:18 PM
Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:40 PM
Method: Using the Recovery partition
Toshiba laptops from mid-2007 onwards don't have a recovery disc supplied with the laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files as a recovery CD/DVD.
To restore your laptop to its factory settings, follow these steps:
Warning: All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process.
- 1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine
- Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
- 2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
- 3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
- 4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
- 5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
- 6) Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
- 7) Click Next to Start the recovery
Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:15 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users