Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

how can i completely restore my computer without disk

• Please log in to reply

cdubose2011

cdubose2011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7. i really need to restore the computer, but i threw out the cd it came with when i moved. i know that i can do it without the cd because i have accidentally before, but i cant remember how. i tried pressing f10 and f11 when i restart it, but nothing happens. i have also tried to do the restore back to a certain date but it doesnt go back as far as i need it. what am i doing wrong and how can i get this done?

Advertisement

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
This is one method with Toshiba and Vista, not sure of Windows7 but it is worth a try -

Method: Using the Recovery partition

Toshiba laptops from mid-2007 onwards don't have a recovery disc supplied with the laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files as a recovery CD/DVD.

To restore your laptop to its factory settings, follow these steps:

Warning: All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process.

• 1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine
    • Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
  • 2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
  • 3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
  • 4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
  • 5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
  • 6) Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
  • 7) Click Next to Start the recovery
Hope this helps

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 6,234 posts
If the computer boots, you can probably restore it to factory state via the Start menu as well. Look for links under Toshiba or Maintenance.

Advertisement