Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP or COMPAQ

• Please log in to reply

jw010x8941

jw010x8941

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi thanx for the help on my question but it still hasn't helped me decide which pc to buy.Are you saying the best pc to choose from is HP or COMPAQ if so which one! please remember i am a pc novice so i don't know much about them yet

Advertisements

Idle-Brain

Idle-Brain

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
HP is more for the workers and Compaq for the gamers.

I've heard HP has lots and lots of processes running ot keep hte system stable, like 23 processes. When you wanna play games with as much available ram as possible, you might not even get less than 150 MB ram in use. When you have a mighty processor, it will not give anything, maybe a few seconds of loading.

Compaq is a system that I use. It just has a few drivers running, you can get lower than 80 MB in use, so if you have 1024 MB ram and an AMD 3800+ you have a good gaming pc.

If you are doing it for work, go get the HP, but if you want to hard-core game on it, get a Compaq.... Compaq definitly is better for games from the most sources I've heard.

OR if you really game all the time. Get an MSI K8N NEO3 Nforce 4. AMD 4200+ with an Nvidia 6800 GT videocard. It will cost a total of over 900 Usdollars, but it is worth it :tazz: . I didn't had the money, I still have that old GeForce2 MX/400, like many many other gamers. But my motherboard rocks. I am now saving for that AMD 4800+ S939. I've heard it packs quite a framerate for gamers.