Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer restarts (doesn't load after) 'Windows 7 is starting&

• Please log in to reply

Dranay

Dranay

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so one day I was playing games like I usually do, it worked fine, and had to go for dinner. I turned off my computer. When I got back and turned it back on... Well, it loaded the BIOS fine, and it hangs at the Windows loading screen for 10-15 seconds and then it just reboots. When it boots up to the list I can choose from system repair or boot regularly, and choose the repair option, it loads and loads, and after a while my cursor appears on my screen and it says it's loading the repair stuff. I've tried it with a repair CD and it's the same story with that, too. After that I went on the internet and searched through forums for people with the same experience and I found this one forum which kind of looked like my problem; http://answers.micro...b7-0e10535662be

So I read it all and it suggested that it may be the BIOS that suddenly changed or something, the HDD is dead, the battery in the computer that's died or that something might be wrong with the RAM. So what I did is change HDDs (I had a spare one laying around) and that didn't solve the problem. I also changed batteries, but to no avail. I also reset the BIOS options to default and that didn't work either. Don't know about the RAM, I tried to fit in some other thingies from another computer but they didn't fit. I'm clueless as what is wrong here... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
:welcome: Dranay

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Did you try starting in Safe Mode with the original HDD in place?
If not try replacing the original HDD and then from step 2 onwards follow the guide @ http://windows.micro...er-in-safe-mode

Dranay

Dranay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's a desktop and it's brand is Medion, it's a brand of electronic appliances from this supermarket called Aldi so I don't really know if there's a product number or whatever.
I did try to enter safe mode with the other HDD and it didn't work either.
A friend of mine told me it might be the PSU or the processor, but I tend to not believe him just like that because he always thinks he's right and all that, but could it be that?
I'm really clueless...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
The first thing that you need to do is put the original/correct HDD back in place, the reason for this is because it has all of the correct drivers on it for the MB (motherboard) and other hardware, let us know when you have done this and what the outcome was and we can move on from there.