Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen random shut down (tcpip.sys)

• Please log in to reply

Hellod

Hellod

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello

(un-)important introduction
I use windows vista home premium recently reïnstalled my computer after 6 years and problem after problem occurs though i never had any problems before!

as stated in the title i get an error which says tcpip.sys i have no idea why. well i do have a small gues because i have only installed a few programs.

i have (updated?) my directX, installed a security system called F-secure, installed adobe flash player and some microsoft office products sutch as word, excel etc.

One of my guesses is that the (update?) of directX made my operating system fail
The other gues is that F-secure is somehow not allowed with my computer?

well i also uploaded my .dmp files

i believe i have to change something in devmgmt.msc at the hidden devices? (non-plug and play device folder?) but i have no idea what to do there any further help?

NOTE: if im accurate and on the way to the solution, i have done it sololy throughout reading on the web (i am still a idiot/not smart) so please, if you tell me what to do. Please do so step by step or else i wont be able to follow your thoughts

NOTE2: maybe i should have said that everytime i start up my computer, after it starts up i directly get a BSOD and my computer restarts, and so on and on in a never ending cyclus untill i go to safe mode.

Hellod

Attached Files

Edited by Hellod, 17 December 2012 - 01:48 PM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
In three of the dump files fsni32.sys was to blame which is an F-secure Driver.
You may want to remove F-secure and try a free AV such as Avast or Avira or possibly bit Defender. :)

Also After you uninstall F-secure please get me the log below.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
http://screen317.spy...curityCheck.exe
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Uhm is there any other way despite from de-installing f-secure to remove those BSOD's? because.. before i reïnstalled my computer my computer never had any problems with F-secure nor with BSOD's

F-secure is a combined program (free for me) if you use XS4all as a internet provider.

maybe i could change something in startup files in order to prevent those crashes? I am now running securitycheck.exe

Edited by Hellod, 17 December 2012 - 02:06 PM.

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.56
Windows Vista x86 (UAC is enabled)
Out of date service pack!!
Internet Explorer 7 Out of date!
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Adobe Reader 10.1.0 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Mozilla Firefox (17.0.1)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: %
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
By the way if it ads anything, im currently using my pc in safe modes so only the neccesery programs are running?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Well the blue screens are definitly caused by F-secure Drivers Please boot into Normal Mode and run the Security Check from there. :)

For now Un install it then Run App Remover Reboot
Then Try and install Avast and see if the machine crashes. :)
http://www.appremover.com/

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I can't go to the normal mode without crashing, so i really should de-instal f-secure? But i really want to keep using the program, since i have had no single problems when i used it the last 6 months.. only this day since i reinstalled my computer. But i will do as you tell me and deinstal f-secure for now i think?

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I somehow can't remove F-secure in save modes, and i can't switch to normal modes because i get a BSOD after my computer started up, just a small gues but i am running beside F-secure, also windows defender. could it be that those 2 can't work along eithcother and i have to disable one of them in order to not get a BSOD?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
You may not be able to uninstall it from safe mode so hit the start button then type msconfig under the start-up tab disable F-secure select apply.
Now under the services tab put a tick next to hide microsoft services then un tick anything you see related to f-secure select apply reboot into normal mode remove f-secure reboot run app remover reboot.

Install Avast free and tell me if anymore crashes occur.

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hehe im somehow stupid (L) don't mean to insult you or not to follow up your advice or anything because i am thanking you every second you take time to help me.
But i disabled windows defender as a start-up program.. and now my computer didn't get a BSOD so i think the problem was that windows defender and f-secure both were activated and i should only need one program at the time but that doesn't tells my why i was able to start up my computer a few hours ago unlimitedly...

one question what does appremover do?

Edited by Hellod, 17 December 2012 - 02:33 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
App Remover removes all traces of security Applications.Did you ever have another security Program installed on this machine?
Also windows defender is useless if your machine runs fine without it then I suppose you are good to go but out of curiosity could you run security check in normal mode please.

Also

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.blee...MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Eeh yeah i have a small problem, when i was in safe modus i did uninstal f-..secure as anti-virus program and i am not able to go onto internet anymore on the computer nor reinstalling the antivirus possibility or completely remove fsecure

Edited by Hellod, 17 December 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Im just reinstalling my computer "again" tomorrow i wil update this post probably with further problems?

Hellod

Hellod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yes already have a back up of al my files since yesterday i reinstalled him should cost me a effective time now of only 15 minutes

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok you could always do a system restore and follow the methods I mentioned but the choice is yours good luck. :)