Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Changed Performance Options Ruined Video Streaming. Please help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, so it all started when I was trying to bring some better performance from a PC game of mine.
What I did:
>Right clicked My Computer
>Clicked Properties
>Clicked Advanced
>Under Performance I clicked Settings
>Under Performance Options I had "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" selected.
>I changed it to "Adjust for Best Performance"

After this I later went to Youtube and noticed that my video was choppy and that the sound was off. So I went back and changed the settings to what was originally set and I'm still having issues with Youtube and Netflix! It's killing me! Please someone help me if possible!

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Hit the Start button then Right Click My computer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Properties>>>>>>>>>>>
Harwdare Tab>>>>>>>>>>>>>Device Manager.
Scroll down to the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controlers Left click the + to the left of the drivers.
Right Click and uninstall all of your Primary IDE drivers there most likely will be more than one of the Primary IDE Drivers Make sure and un-install All of them prior to rebooting.

Then run this .vbs on your machine please right click the link below and select save as and save it to your desktop double click it after saving allow it to run and a request to reboot the machine will be made please do so and check the issue.

Download Ccleaner hit the tools button then the start up button disable all of the start up items except your AV.
Watch out for any toolbars when installing Ccleaner.

Download the program below unzip it to your desktop and set it to run on the next boot.

Then download Erunt and create a backup of your registry and then download ntregopt and run it and then reboot.

Now defrag your machine with auslogics select defrag and optimize just uncheck the boxes that offer a toolbar when installing auslogics disk defrag.

Let me know if any issues remian. :)