Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replaced RAM and still getting TERMINATION ERRORS

• Please log in to reply

Razaille

Razaille

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
How do you do that? i downloaded ewido and scanned and it only found those cookies, and i did a memory scan too and found nothing. What anti virus prog will I use that scans on boot? and is it self explanatory? or do I have to do some steps to make it happen?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Razaille,

You mentioned the rams are way hot so go into bios Frequency/voltage control and tell me what it reads under dimm voltage ajustment.

This is how you ajust the vdimm it is the voltage to the ram don't change it like I suggested before just tell me what it is set at

Razaille

Razaille

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Oh ok i getcha bro, ok so heres how it looks like

Frequency/ Voltage Control

Auto Detect PCI/DIMM Clk: [Enabled]
Spread Spectrum: [Enabled]
CPU Clock: [166 Mhz]

Ok the CPU Clock was the one you were talking about huh? coz thats the only one that can be increased by decimal increments.

It says:

Minimum: 166
Maximum: 199

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
RAM can have those problems with virus's too. That is your problem, so deal with it. Try virus scanning then write zeros to the hd and reload all ur [bleep] from disks. Use avg and ewido virus scan to catch it. I would have to say that alot of times with Ram i have though its too hot or its bad and then found out later its a virus running outside the windows file-system. please check it out NOW!

scrushmaster

scrushmaster

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Use AVG too and make sure its fully updated then use a bootdisk to completely delete the hd, One problem to mention is virus's can but not likely, but "can" hide on the flash itself. If this does not work then its a heat problem because the 2 ram not working vs the one ram working would give me that impression. The reason the 1 ram may run fine is that the virus could have been written to effect a system with that amount of mb. but who knows what ur dealing with when you get into whacky [bleep] virus's just made to hurt ur comp.

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Scrushmaster:

I'm going to have to disagree with your analysis. Most boot viruses affect hardware recognition and in this particular case I see this quite differently than you. You have gone from a boot virus to a memory resident virus, independent of of the BIOS and I don't see evidence of either.

:tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
No I was not talking about the cpu clock, the manual I download says there should be a setting for dimm voltage ajustment in Frequency/voltage control if not your bios must not have that feature.

I was thinking that if this was set to high thats what was causing the instability and the ram hot