Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall Goback from dos

• Please log in to reply

paleface

paleface

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

My first post so hope you can help. I installed Norton goback on windows home edition for xp. While trying to re-install xp the system refused to re-boot. After checking with various dos based partition progs it implied the MBR was corrupted. After mending MBR I am now getting disc reading error. I suspect the fact that windows can't read from my boot or partition info is because it says I have a non standard partition table, ie it's a DDO from Nortons goback.

Now I could solve this if I could get norton goback to run from Windows recovery console or DOS, accessing DOS in xp is nigh on imPOSIBLE, so what to do? I read from a member here eephraim who had a similar problem, he said he solved it after rebuilding his partition table, that sounds major gek stuff, I have bootmaster rescue disk and Rannish partition repair, and access to Partition mAgik 8, but not sure how to go about this with the goback confusing things. Have been doing this for a week now with limited success!

If anyone can tell me how to either invoke, goback somehow, or rebuild partition table in slightly laymans terms I'd be gratful. Never had this much dificulty before, and I am fairley pc literate.

Cheers,

Paleface

Advertisements