Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

helpmeplease26

helpmeplease26

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Please help me! i cant download or open anything, my anti virus will not open or scan. I had a problem with my exe files and i was getting bad image errors, so i restored my computer to a point when i knew i didnt have problems. Now i can run anything. HELP ME

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Have you made any back to factory system recovery disks mate?

In fact what make is the machine and what operating system are you using?

helpmeplease26

helpmeplease26

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer is a toshiba portege and its windows vista, no i have not made any back up disk. i cant find my operating disks either

helpmeplease26

helpmeplease26

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
my avg says its turned off and it wont turn on again, tried downloading a new anti virus and it wont open either

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You won't have got any operating system disks with it I would imagine so have a look at this site to learn gow to make Back To Factory recovery disks.

Creating Toshiba Recovery Disks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Recovery instructions but be warned this will format the system completely.

Toshiba:

To access the recovery partition do the following...

Power off the laptop.
Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears.
Start tapping the zero key repeatedly at this point.
Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears.
The screen should flash HDD RECOVERY MODE for a second and then it will load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.
Note that this erases all data, and reloads all factory default software.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 19 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.