Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What to buy - Basic PC

• Please log in to reply

higby88

higby88

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Looking for advice on what is a decent desktop to buy. My parents need a new desktop, and a basic one at that. They basically send email and use the web, and burn some CD's/itunes. Anyone know what a good route would be to go, for a desktop for them. Looking at a basic HP, not sure if there is much difference between many of them, brand wise?

I know this is a simple question, but thought I could get some direction

Thx

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello higby88

Couple of questions if I may, in what country will the PC be purchased and what is the maximum budget please.

BL00PER

BL00PER

GeekU Freshman

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
From my personal experience with HP desktops I would stay away from them (mine crashed two days after warranty). If you are looking for basics PC that is under the five hundred dollar range (if that is your budget target) I would recommended brands such as Acer( better choice in my opinion) or Lenovo (decent build for the prices). You could buy them a dell but their products are a hit or miss for quality and the customer service they have still needs improvement. If this is not what you are looking for please give more detail and I would be happy to help you out :).