Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BluRay Drive won't play even after being updated.

• Please log in to reply

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
So I bought this Blu-Ray player for my computer http://us.liteonit.c...nternal/ihos104

Hoping that I would be able to watch Blu-Ray films because thats what it should do right? When I got the delivery, it just came as the drive itself, no cds or anything else so I plugged it in and put in a dvd. Worked fine.

A few days later, I rented a Blu-Ray film (Expendables 2) and when I put it in to play, it shows 'Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD. The disc was created in a manner that the Player does not support.'

I've installed Firmware v1.22 and the status from it showed:
Checking newer firmware for iHOS104 ...
>> Connecting server ...
>> Connected.
>> No newer update!

Which means that it should be fine? But its still not working. I dont know what else could be the problem. I'm not really sure if its the Sata cable or anything else. There are other numerous problems with this computer at the moment and this has just been added on to it. I just wanna be able to watch Blu-Ray but it wont let me :(

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
You would need a third party Blue Ray Player as Windows Media Player will not decode your blue ray

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
What kind of third party will I need

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
PowerDVD Ultra,
TotalMedia Theatre,
WinDVD Pro
iDeer Blu-ray Player

Those are all good blue-ray players but are not free, iDeer is the cheapest one but does not support 3d blue-ray movies

Most (not all) Blue ray drives you buy new should usually come with the software to play blue Ray (Cyberlink ect) make sure you did not get something with your purchase before going to buy another program.