Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen on Startup after Power Failure

• Please log in to reply

Pjaii

Pjaii

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello there,
Straight to the point: I was playing a game of league of legends when suddenly the Power in my apartment went out (it's a [bleep] apartment, and my mom was cooking & washmachine was on) so i went down in the basement to flip the switch back on and when i came back upstairs my Computer was restarting itself automatically. i sat there, and it asked if i want to start windows normally, i pushed enter, typed in my password and then i was on my desktop. Then suddenly my screen went "kind of" black, i could still see a little of my taskbar. Then it went back to normal, but then a Blue screen and my Pc restarted itself. i tried again, with same results. I tried starting up in safe mode, same results. I really have no idea whats going on. i suspect it's not really a software probleme as much as its a hardware problem, but i don't know what to look for since my knowledge about Computers is quite little.
I have a Acer Predator G3120 running windows 7
Anymore info need just ask, i'll be here all day.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello User.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :thumbsup:
:ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.
  • If you are receiving assistance in any other forum site please let us know as there may be conflicting advice given.

First question I have is the system BSODing before windows starts or after?
In other words is the the system booting and it does this? Please try the below instructions and let me know if it stops the BSOD so you can get the information from it.

To begin, turn on or restart your PC.

Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, or just before your PC automatically restarts, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

Important: You do not need to be able to access Windows 7 normally to disable the automatic restart on system failure option via the Advanced Boot Options menu.

[attachment=62126:Advance Boot Menu Win7.jpg]

You should now see the Advanced Boot Options screen shown above.

If your computer automatically restarted or you see a different screen, you may have missed the brief window of opportunity to press F8 in the previous step and Windows 7 is probably now continuing (or attempting) to boot normally.

If this is the case, just restart your computer and try pressing F8 again.

Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter.

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Okay i've stopped it from restarting. It says:

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800992FB30, 0xFFFFFA800992FE10, 0xFFFFF800039DD460)

Hope this helps you figure out whats wrong. c;

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive

OK lets get more explanation.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions and program

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
How should i do that if i can't do anything on my PC. it starts up, i see my Desktop backround, my shortcuts, my skype log in etc., but before or as i click something it crashes.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Reboot and go to where you try to go to Safe Mode. One of the options is Try Last Known Configuration That Worked.
Does it bootup correctly then?

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Don't have that option.
it only gives me different options of Safe mode and start windows normally

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you have the OS installation disk?

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i Don't it's been delivered with OS already on it without a disk. But the other Forum said that i can download the iso legally from some Website, should i do that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes you would need the OEM version to be specific. It has to match your installed OS.
If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

Thanks to Ztrucker for the instructions.

Advertisements

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I started downloading from this site: http://www.unawave.d.../downloads.html
since i need Home Premium in German.
I'll buy some blank Dvd's and get back at you tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help so far! c:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and I will wait for your return. :thumbsup:

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
So now i've burned the Image. What do i do next? ;D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the issue seems to be the Win 7 OS itself that is causing your problem so lets do a Repair Installation by following the steps HERE.
Please read and follow all instructions carefully.

Pjaii

Pjaii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Can i do that in Safety Mode? (wich works again btw)