Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't install MS .net framework 2.0 sp2

• Please log in to reply

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Can not get "MS .net framework 2.0 sp2 on windows server 2003 & windows XP x86 (KB2729450)" to install. Running XP SP3 and getting error code 0x645. Have tried several "fix it" programs, one had the green check mark like it had fixed it, but hadn't and the other required me to open a DIAGCAB file, which I couldn't.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You're a bit behind the times using or trying to use Net Framework 2 Don.

Try installing version 4 here...

.Net Framework 4

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Wolfeymole, Thx for the quick response, however I ran the program on the link provided and it did not resolve the yellow shield in my bottom tray.
Please note that I'm not a computer nerd and don't really understand ".Net Framework", but it appears that only 2.0 SP2 won't update, all other are fine.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok then have a read of a similar issue posted at Microsoft.

2 Windows updates failing to install (error code x645)

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Sorry about the delay...you know Christmas & all, but the good news is that the link provided the resolution and MUCH thanks to Wolfeymole this thread and topic can be CLOSED. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I'm glad to see that your issue is resolved Don and a happy new year to you too mate. :thumbsup: