Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access facebook on PC laptop

• Please log in to reply

Walsop

Walsop

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I haven't been able to access facebook for the past month on my PC Windows 7 laptop. I tried Chrome, internet explorer and firefox- none worked. However, they can access other websites just fine. At first I thought it might be my wifi, but I tried restarting my modem and nothing happened. Moreover, I not only tried using my ethernet cable, but I also tried using wifi at another location and nothing worked.

I can access facebook on my iphone and ipad with no problem.

Chrome usually comes up with the attached error message.

I've read many tech forums on how to solve this issue, but none of the solutions worked. I tried the command prompt (ping facebook.com and tracert facebook.com and command prompt ipconfig/flushdns.

At home, I receive no reply when i try to ping facebook.com, but when i use the other wifi, it has a response (even though I still can't access the site)

Do you know what I should do to go about solving this issue?

Thank you for your time and help!

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: Walsop

Can I ask what Anti Virus software you have installed.

Walsop

Walsop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ive always used spyware blaster and spybot- search and destroy. Ive been using those for the past 4 years and haven't had any issues.

Walsop

Walsop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ive always used spyware blaster and spybot- search and destroy. Ive been using those for the past 4 years and haven't had any issues.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
For testing purposes try temporarily uninstalling both programs and installing MSE or Avast (both are free) and see if the issue is resolved;

http://www.microsoft...curity/mse.aspx
http://www.avast.com...ivirus-download