Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics card problem

• Please log in to reply

sifi

sifi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi guys..

i bought this graphics card two days ago and its giving me the hiccups..
i bought it as i wanted to play rise of nations on this machine, i could play it using the onboard graphics slot but sometimes during the game it just freezes and i have to reset it each time ;)

so, having installed it.. i tried to run the game but it just crawls (cpu usage at 100%) and i had to end task
also the same situation happens when i try to watch a movie (.mpg .avi and dvd formats)

i recently loaded a game called spell forge and it runs smoothly (it demands graphics support so i doubt if the card or cpu having any heat problems) :tazz:

anyway, when it hangs the processes doing the damage are the ones i use to play movies with (winamp, media player and powerDVD), tried them one at a time and same thing happens

any of you heard of a similar problem and a solution? google and card manufacture support are unkind to me

thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you installed the latest drivers from the manufacturers site

sifi

sifi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz:
doing it now..

though 20megs on 56k

ill post up if it helps.. ;)

sifi

sifi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hmm

ran the bundle and it said that there arent any drivers compatable with the hardware ... so.. im guessing that i have the latest drivers for it or i downloaded the wrong bundle, but i doubt that too because i just checked again and im pretty sure its the one i downloaded

:tazz:

qwerty246

qwerty246

• Pip
  • 7 posts
what graphics card?

sifi

sifi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Nvidia GeForce 6200

somegirl

somegirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
someone delete this :tazz:

Edited by somegirl, 07 June 2005 - 02:11 AM.