Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook question

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I have avoided facebook for a long time. I still don't "use" it on a regular basis except to connect to one family member. The problem is what I think is spam and seeing no way to eradicate it. Each week when I log in, there are all these names and faces which look false to start with and with whom I would never connect. There is nothing but the name and a supposed photo. No drop down box for deletion, etc. How do I get rid of these. My google searches never came up with a match.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ever thought about dumping Facebook altogether Janis and installing Skype to contact your family member?

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
The library at the recipients end does not have skype.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Pity and I'm surprised that the Library allows FB logins on their server/s.

BL00PER

BL00PER

GeekU Freshman

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
You could just use another social service like google+ to chat with your one family member it has good features plus not as congested as facebook in my honest opinion.

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I find it odd that more small town libraries don't have skype/facebook available to patrons, most of whom have no other way to talk to their family member serving in the military. Restrictive but with reserved time slots, it works.

I will have to look at the google+ I am still curious though as to why the "spam:" shows up and how to delete it.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I'm not aux fait with Google + so hopefully Blooper will have some ideas.