Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GPU running at full load all the time

• Please log in to reply

howtheflip

howtheflip

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello all, currently my gts 360m is running at 95% plus all the time, even when i initially turn on the computer. I have no programs assigned to run when the computer boots. Because of the high gpu usage, the gpu is a constant 75c or so and the fan is spinning at full speed. I've tried literally everything to get the fan to stop spinning but cannot control it because of the high gpu usage. How can I fix it so that my gpu usage only kicks up when I actually need it?

EDIT: I updated the graphics driver and apparently that seemed to fix the max gpu usage, even though i still don't know why the fan spins at full speed all the time.

Edited by howtheflip, 28 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements