Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers removed by AVG 2013?

• Please log in to reply

dimwit17

dimwit17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded AVG 2013 and ran my first scan on Dec 14. I think that AVG removed my keyboard and mouse drivers.
My computer will not boot properly. The keyboard and mouse are inoperative. I can not access Safe Mode because I can not select the User on the Log-in screen. I downloaded the AVG Rescue CD on another computer, installed it, and ran the virus scan. At the completion of the scan, the virus vault contained 14 items of which 5 were listed as drivers when I checked the 'Detail' for each item. They were also listed as "Trojan horse Agent4". They are: ELhid.sys, ELkbd.sys, ELmon.sys, ELmou.sys and EL_ALL.msi.
These are Intel Quick Resume drivers. I have tried to "Restore" from the virus vault, but I still can not boot. Is there any way I can reinstall drivers or install new drivers without a mouse, keyboard, or internet connection? My OS is Windows XP Media Edition. The computer is an HP Pavilion m7367c.

Thanks for your help

Advertisements