Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-Virus (ESET NOD32) Blocking game installation - HELP?

• Please log in to reply

TotaMariee

TotaMariee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Anti-Virus (ESET NOD32) Blocking game installation - HELP?
I have ESET NOD32 Anti Virus 5.2.15.1 installed, as well as Comodo firewall

I downloaded a game package only to find its somehow being completely blocked and denied access to when i press setup to install it. This has happened with various other programmes i've tried to install as well

When I click setup I get the message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

I have tried disabling my firewall, temporarily deactivating ESET NOD32, as well as trying to close it via task manager which it does not allow me to do. I also tried gamer mode and nothing has worked and its still blocking me from installing. Clicking 'Run as Administrator' also gave me the same message.

HELP!?? I waited 24 hours for this game to download and am fairly pissed off! :(

Advertisements

TotaMariee

TotaMariee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've now managed to get the game installed via Safe Mode, but am unable to play the game. When the game menu launches (Its Sims 3 full pack edition) and i press to play the game, i get the same error as before.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Do you mind if I ask where you downloaded this game from TotaMariee?

TotaMariee

TotaMariee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
some torrenting site.. but im not sure which one, my brother just sent me the download link and it went straight to utorrent lol ... but he's a PC nerd as well so it wouldnt of been any infected file... i scanned the [bleep] out of it when it finished to be sure.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
In theory you would have to have had the uTorrent software on your machine to begin with so as to enable the download.

However under Rule Q at this location Geeks to Go Board Rules the only discussion that can be entered into is the removal of said software.

My advice to you is to delete the download immediately.

Edited by Wolfeymole, 27 December 2012 - 06:31 AM.

TotaMariee

TotaMariee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I understand. As I mentioned, this has happened not just on this occasion though, it is also blocking me from installing many other programmes (freeware included)

i recently tried installing DVD Video Soft (http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/) but the same problem occured. The anti virus or somthing is totally blocking me from installing anything. So what can I do to solve this problem? I tried all the above options with dvd video soft and the same message occured.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Is the version of Eset that you're running the paid for version or the free trial?