Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Win64.ZAccess [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi PoorestFish,

It seems like a lot of your Internet Explorer components are missing/corrupt. Does IE currently work? I would like you to update to IE 10 and see if that may fix your problem. Even if you don't use IE, some programs on your computer may still use its components.

Please download the update here and install it on your computer.

Try if your updates work now. If they do not, please run Complete Internet Repair again. Only check the box marked "Repair Internet Explorer" this time and post the log for me.

Advertisements

PoorestFish

PoorestFish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Installed IE10 and ran the repair again, but still no progress. :(

Attached Files

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
I believe you posted the wrong log. It is dated 1/11 and still shows IE 9. Could you see if there is another one?

PoorestFish

PoorestFish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I believe I attached the correct file, but I scanned again and attached a log from this morning.

Attached Files

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi PoorestFish,

Did IE 10 install successfully? To check, you can go into "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel and look in the uninstall list for Internet Explorer. What version does it show (9 or 10)?

Also, I think somehow we are getting the old log even from the new scan with Complete Internet Repair, as it is still dated 1/11. Could you check and see if there are any other logs. I will have a look at the program myself later and see how it stores logs from subsequent scans.

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Actually forget about the above post. I noticed now that it adds the new log to the bottom of the old log and that it shows IE 10. I will get back to you with some more instructions soon.

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi PoorestFish,

Please open a command prompt by clicking on the "Start" button and typing "cmd" in the box. Please right-click on the "cmd.exe" icon that comes up and select "Run as Administrator." At the prompt please type:

sfc /scannow

Let me know if the scan finds any errors and if it was able to fix them. Also, please check your updates now.

PoorestFish

PoorestFish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
The only message I received was "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." :confused:

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
That's good.

Can you tell me if this computer is connected to the internet through a router? If so, do other computers on the network experience this same problem updating?

PoorestFish

PoorestFish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Computer is connected to a wireless router, but other computers including those that are hard-wired to the router are not having this issue.

Advertisements

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi PoorestFish,

This is being very stubborn. Please answer a few questions for me. Hopefully we can get a handle on this.

• Does IE 10 work? Try browsing to various sites and let me know if you have any problems. Be sure to use IE 10 and not another browser. Especially let me know if you can connect to avg.com.
  • If you visit the Windows Update website, what happens?
  • Do any error messages come up when you try to update? If so, could you please write them down and post them, or take a screenshot.
  • Please try this automatic troubleshooter from Microsoft and see if it finds anything.
  • Please try running MiniToolBox again. Please try to update right before you run this so that the errors might show in the event logs.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

PoorestFish

PoorestFish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks Buddierdl and I really appreciate you for taking the time.

1. IE 10 does work and I have no issues visiting the AVG site as well. (Updating AVG and FileHippo in the actual program continues to have issues though.)
2. The local Windows Update opens when I visit update.microsoft.com.
3. Attached is the screenshot of the error Code 8024402C.
4. The troubleshooter fixed two errors and I have posted a screenshot of the completed screen also.
5. The log is also attached.

Thank you again for your continued help with these issues.

Attached Thumbnails

• Windows Update Error.jpg
  • Windows Update Troubleshooting.jpg

Attached Files

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi PoorestFish,

Did anything improve after running the troubleshooter?

Could you please run it once more and click the "View detailed information" on the results page, then take a screenshot of that for me.

If your updates are not fixed, let try a reinstall of your antivirus.

Before you uninstall, please download the installer in order to reinstall your AV when you are done without browsing the internet. If you would like to keep AVG, you can get it here. Unless you have the paid version, I would actually recommend switching to AVAST or Microsoft Security Essentials.

First, uninstall AVG using the "Programs and Features" menu in the Control Panel. Then download and run the AVG Remover to make sure everything is gone.

Please don't surf the internet while you don't have an antivirus installed.

While your antivirus is temporarily gone, could you please try updating windows. This will check if maybe there is a conflict with your AV.

You can now reinstall the AV of your choice.

Please let me know if you can now update, and if not, is the error code still the same?

PoorestFish

PoorestFish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Followed your instructions and also installed Microsoft Security Essentials, but attempting to do a Windows Update prior to installation still produced no results and the same error. In addition to the troubleshooting log, posted as a PDF below, running a scan or update produced the following error in Microsoft Security Essentials.

MSE Error.jpg

Also, I have chosen not to reinstall AVG and am now using Microsoft Security Essentials.

Attached Files

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi PoorestFish,

Let's try this.

Please download the attached pfix.bat to your desktop, right-click on it, and select "Run as Administrator." A notepad window will open. Please copy the contents into your next reply.

Check the updates now.

If you still get the error, check this setting:

Click on the Start orb, type "Internet Options" and press enter. In the page that opens, click on the Connections tab and select LAN Settings. Make sure the box is checked next to the "Automatically detect settings" and that the box is not checked next to "Use a proxy server."

Check the updates now…is the error still the same?

Attached Files

• Attached File  pfix.bat   254bytes   53 downloads