Let's try this. Try updating after each step.Step 1:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools, select Internet Options.
3. Click on the Connections tab.
4. Click on the LAN Settings.
5. Click on the Advanced button.
6. Please delete any entry in the Exceptions section.
Open a command prompt as before (be sure to Run as Administrator) and type the two commands below, following each one by pressing enter. Make sure that the command reports back a success message, or you probably type something wrong.net stop wuauserv
net start wuauservStep 2:
Add the following URL's to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer.http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.comhttps://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.comhttp://download.windowsupdate.com
1. Open Internet Explorer, and click the Tools button.
2. Select Internet options.
3. Click the Security tab, choose Trusted sites, and then click Sites. Add the sites about exactly as they are written.
Also add the sites under Tools, Interent Options, Privacy, Pop-Up Blocker, Settings.
If those don't work, let's get some extra info:Step 3:
- Open a command prompt (Run as Administrator).
- Type net stop wuauserv followed by enter. Make sure it completes successfully.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log and rename it to WindowsUpdate.old
- Return to command prompt and type net start wuauserv followed by enter. Make sure it completes successfully.
Run OTL fix.Start OTLStep 5:
Run OTL custom scan.Open OTL
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:
- Select the None button in the middle on the top of the window
- Click the Run Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
Try to update and then post the new C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log for me. Please post the other logs as well.