Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant access my Hotmail account for a week. Urgent help needed!

• Please log in to reply

AlexCFU

AlexCFU

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For about a week I have not been able to access my Hotmail account- I have not recently tried to change my password, and have not logged onto my email from a diff computer other than at work or at home for over three months.

Every time I try to type in my password it tells me this is incorrect, I then follow the procedure for re-setting password- using a diff email address for the password-resetting validation email to be sent too. Every time I have done this and then followed the link sent in the email- it then shows me a message stating:

"Microsoft account

Sign in
There's a temporary problem

There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."

I have also tried filling out the questionnaire that they ask you fill out (providing as much info as possible about your account), but even when I do this it displays the same message when you follow the link sent in the email. I have literally tried every one of their options in the customer service section of hotmail email problems too- "I think my account has been hacked", "My account seems temporarily blocked" etc- With no joy at all

I have looked all round online and cannot find any solutions, and frankly Hotmails customer support is non-existent. You can't post a question on their message boards unless you are signed in! Which is sort of the entire problem! I have checked the status of Hotmail for the last few days and it appears to be fine, which is why I know this must be a problem

Any help at all will be appreciated, but ideally a solution asap would be even more appreciated ;)

I have attached a picture of the message that keeps being sent when trying to follow links.

Thank you,

Alex

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 14.20.41.png

Advertisements

Phytrix

Phytrix

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello user.

3o. Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

Your request violates the above listed rule, which can be seen in the Terms of Use located here. I'd recommend you take a look at that before posting new topics in the future.

Hence users on this forum cannot help you recover your account (if it is indeed compromised), although we can point you in the right direction.

There are other forums you may try if you wish to recover it using a BH method, although I wouldn't recommend it. -- Assuming your account is indeed compromised

This is Hotmail's help page. If you are unable to find any info on that page in relation to your issue, you probably could try the Microsoft Community forum, located here.

Although, in relation to the error message and your diagnosis, I think that you are having some other issue, rather than the possibility of having your account compromised. Again, follow the above links and see what you can find. The only thing that pops to mind is an IP block, although I'm not aware if Microsoft has IP blocks.

Hopefully I helped. Have a good day.

- Phytrix

Edit: I read around a little and found a few people with similar issues to you.
Link to one.

I recommend you firstly attempt doing what npatrick7 suggested on that topic.

On your RESET request email you will note that only a portion is highlighted (blue). Copy and Paste the entire URL into your browser and all works fine! So simple, so obvious, so frustrating. I had to learn the hard way! Pat from Texas

If that fails, attempt this:

Hi rockharder,

I would like to ask, in what instance you encounter the error message on your account?
And in line with this, I recommend that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by corrupted files in the browser. Please clear your browser's cookies by following the instructions on the link below:

How to optimize Internet Explorer browser

Then change the settings with the steps below:

1. Close all browsers.
2. Make Internet Explorer your default browser.
3. Open Internet Explorer.
4. Press Alt + T,select Internet options on the drop down menu.
5. Go to Advanced tab, under Browsing, make sure Enable third-party browser extensions is unchecked.
6. Click Apply then Ok.

Hope this would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ronahvie S.

Taken from this page.

If this fails, I assume you need to contact the Hotmail team directly. I've noticed many users have initiated conversations with staff on Microsoft Community. If the above listed things do not work, I'd say just head over to Microsoft Community and have a good, thorough, look around. If you can't find a fix on any of the dozens of related threads, post a topic yourself.
Microsoft Community staff love to take issues into private messages...

Anyhow, best of luck.

- Phytrix

Edited by Phytrix, 27 December 2012 - 08:46 AM.

AlexCFU

AlexCFU

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry for violating rules etc!!!

But the first suggestion worked fine! Cant believe that was the reason..

Thank you foe the help etc

Alex

Phytrix

Phytrix

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
No problem. Glad to see your issue resolved.