Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Beware Beware Beware of Freecorder 7

• Please log in to reply

jjlad

jjlad

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I cannot believe what I have just been through. I wanted to listen to a recording online and got a popup about Freecorder 7 being this great program for recording audio and video. There was a link to a YouTube video on it and it sounded great so I clicked through to the website and installed.
Those asses basically hijacked everything. My toolbars, search provider, home page ...it completely gutted my IE9 toolbars.
When I tried uninstalling it I found it had cI hanged my administrative permissions.
In Control Panel Programs and Features I found it had installed no less than 6 seperate apps. When I'd uninstall one ..it would 'seem' to uninstall and even complete but when I'd try to uninstall the next one it would tell me I had to let the previous uninstall complete first.
I had to disconnect from the internet, reboot, and then do it so the uninstallers couldn't connect to their f'ing motherships and download and install more malware while I was trying to get rid of them. My homepage ended up being 'games a go go' and my search provider was some Yahoo derivative.

I'm not sure if I'm out of the woods yet but after installing everything that installed today I do hope so. Even when I'd try to set Google.ca as my ONLY home page I'd get a error like "Error 704 ...that's all we know" or something like that. I just kept at it trying all the different ways of setting the home page and search providers until something finally stuck.

I find always lately that when I start IE my homepage is google.ca but if I open a new page or new tab that one opens with the last opened page ..never my home page like it used to. At least once per day my home page and search providers are hijacked ...usually involving Yahoo and I have to force them back to what I want ..google.

[bleep] has been unleashed on us lately. On my Android tablet its even worse. Android has the ICE CREAM SANDWHICH browser and Google Chrome. Now neither of them work worth crap on any website. They don't display properly ..on Flickr for example ..the slideshow window is cut off so you can't even see the photo ..etc. etc. etc. I don't know what the heck has happened to the online experience of late but it has simply become a battle ground for users to try and keep their identity and not be forece fed whatever the providers and hackers want to shove down us.

Am I the only one experienceing this. Have the rest of you noticed a saturn booster like acceleration of garbage lately?

Interested in hearing what others have to say. Meanwhile ..BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE of Freecorder 7 and its army of hijackers.

jj

Advertisements