Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Crashes seemingly at random

• Please log in to reply

Raikao

Raikao

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Heya, so I'm having problems for a while now with system freezes / lock ups. Most of the time the screen either freezes or goes black and the sound goes brzzzzzzzzzzzz (kinda loud bzzz sound).

I'm currently running a programm to log gpu/cpu temps but I'm fairly sure that's not the problem, I added an additional fan a while ago etc. I did just run OTL, maybe that's helpfull. I have multiple errors in event viewer for example :

- The lirsgt service failed to start due to the following error:

- The atksgt service failed to start due to the following error:

And my favourite one :

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 27/12/2012 18:09:31
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Miku
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-12-27T17:09:31.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>46816</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Miku</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I will attach the OTL log file too. If you need anything else let me now. I'm now gonna uninstall graphics card drivers and re-install, although I've little hope this will do anything.

Advertisements

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
oookay scratch that. I just started up Dead Island and after 10 minutes system crashed again. The log file shows 90 degrees GPU temp and 90+ gpu memory load....i also heard a really weird noise coming from one of the fans possibly.....It's overheating isn't it? Removing sidepanel now to see if it's heat related. Attached log file.

Attached Files

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Just cleaned the GPU as best I could. (impossible screw placements, so i had to scrap the heatsinks a bit with cotton to clean dust etc.
Will report back if I still get freezes.

Startet Dead Island, PC goes all black screen and freezes after 5+ minutes. GPU temp was around 90 last I saw, So it really can't be overheating. Anyone willing to help? Just tell me what logs etc you need.

Edit 2 : At this point I can recreate the pc crash reliably by starting dead island and waiting for 5-10 minutes. Black screen, reset button doesn't actually reset the pc. Going to bed now, hopefully someone replied to this when I check back tomorrow :(

Edited by Raikao, 27 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello, anyone reading this at all?

Edit: Running WoW at the moment, 91° / 92° C constantly, which should be fine for a GTX470 as far as I know. But my system is not crashing after 5 mins -.-

I am using older Nvidia drivers now (306.97). But I did have crashed from time to time with those too. So still looking for someone to direct me through this. Random Crashes and pc freezes -> go!

Edit 2: System crashed again, just took a bit longer. Logged GPU temps where at 88° when it happened....which is still not enough for "overheating"....the [bleep]

Edited by Raikao, 28 December 2012 - 01:03 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First if you keep responding to your own topic it looks like you are revieving assistance so anyone that may be able to help will skip by you.

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
" Please include that in your next reply.

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 29/12/2012 10:48:04
Event ID: 10016
User: SYSTEM
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
and APPID
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10016</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-12-29T09:48:04.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>190574</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
<Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
<Data Name="param3">Launch</Data>
<Data Name="param4">{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}</Data>
<Data Name="param5">{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}</Data>
<Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
<Data Name="param7">SYSTEM</Data>
<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-18</Data>
<Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 29/12/2012 10:47:08
Event ID: 7000
Description:
The lirsgt service failed to start due to the following error:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-12-29T09:47:08.879223500Z" />
<EventRecordID>190534</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="684" ThreadID="688" />
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">lirsgt</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%577</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 29/12/2012 10:47:06
Event ID: 7000
Description:
The atksgt service failed to start due to the following error:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-12-29T09:47:06.154818700Z" />
<EventRecordID>190527</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="684" ThreadID="688" />
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">atksgt</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%577</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Found these under Custom Views -> Administrative Events. They show up multiple times, as do 2 others, but those have to do with sharing printers that are disconnected.

Edited by Raikao, 29 December 2012 - 08:34 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
SFC /Scannow Win7

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
CBS.txt attached. I'm just gonna assume that's what you wanted.

Edit : Or not. 1 MB max file size, good job there. Splitting the .txt into 2 then I guess.

Attached Files

Edited by Raikao, 31 December 2012 - 09:05 AM.

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Second part.

I have the side-panel currently open. The system ran for 2 days without crashing, until just now. Have been running WoW mostly. Didn't try Dead Island again, that game crashed my pc after 5-10 mins everytime a couple days ago.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did SFC report any issues ?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you get me a event viewer of the newest crash please.

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

Method One
" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

[/list]

There is no "Local" and no "Windows entry. So I'm confused what exactly you want to see here. See attached screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled1.png

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What about SFC,,,did it find any system integrity issues?

Raikao

Raikao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log"

Two other really weird things that happen are :
1. My date resets to "same day/same month/year 2000" <- happens at random too, mostly after a crash
2. My taskbar....pretty weird (see attached screenshot)

The corrupt files that couldn't be repaired are probably listed in those CBS logs I posted earlier. Maybe that's where you could find the error? Just guessing here.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled2.png

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah the OS system files are corrupted but I want to check something else before we go any farther.

Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.