Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mid-Build, CPU, PSU, and GPU fans start then stop during POST test

• Please log in to reply

Tienizard

Tienizard

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I am in the middle of building a new computer, and there are some issues. The problems will be explained in a YouTube video, and seem to go against what building tutorials have detailed. Specs are below:

• OCZ ModX Stream-Pro Power Supply 600W
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Motherboard
  • Intel i5-3570K CPU (with Fan)
  • Geforce GTX 660 2 GB Superclocked Video Card
  • Patriot G2 series DDR3 RAM (2x 4 GB sticks)

I don't know what exactly to do here, or if the fan (or other parts) are broken. If you need any further information, I will respond to this ASAP. Also, could the mobo just be left out in the open overnight if nothing were to disturb it?

Advertisements

Gerell

Gerell

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Do you have a way to check the PSU? I have very limited experience with building, but I had a computer do that to me once and a tech told me it was the PSU.

Tienizard

Tienizard

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
We have a second one, and unless the PSU is for some reason incompatible with the other parts, it isn't the PSU. Or it got plugged in wrong. But I don't think that is very likely, given that we are following a video tutorial found here. It's a long video, and we've only gotten about 15 minutes in.

Gerell

Gerell

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
No harm in giving the second one a shot. A dead-on-arrival PSU is always possible. At least you'll have something to try until the real experts give you an answer.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Do you still require assistance with this Tienizard